I did my Bachelor of Computer Science from the National University of San Juan, San Juan, Argentina, in 1993, and my Master's and Ph.D. in Computer Science from Carleton University, Ottawa, Canada, under the supervision of B. John Oommen. I have been with the School of Computer Science at the University of Windsor, Canada, from 2002, and I have been recently promoted to Professor in July 2013. My current research interests are in interactomics, transcriptomics, machine learning and computer security.
I am a Senior member in the Institute of Electrical and Electronic Engineers (IEEE) and a member of the International Association for Pattern Recognition (IAPR) and the International Society for Computational Biology (ISCB). I am associate editor of Network Modeling Analysis in Health Informatics and Bioinformatics (NetMAHIB). I am also a member of the Technical Committee on Pattern Recognition for Bioinformatics (IAPR TC-20) and the program committees of several conferences. I am a member of the Pattern Recognition in Bioinformatics Lab at the University of Windsor. I created and maintain the protein-protein interaction prediction server PPIPAW.
- Mar 14 2017: New publication: A. Alkhateeb, L. Rueda, "Zseq : an approach for preprocessing next generation sequencing data", Journal of Computational Biology, March 2017.
- Nov 25 2016: Congratulations to Manal Alshehri for receiving your MSc degree!... the best wishes for your PhD studies!
- May 25 2016: Congratulations to Mrinalini Pandit for receiving your MSc degree!
- Oct 17 2015: Congratulations to Siva Singi Reddy for receiving your MSc degree!... all the best in your new job!
- Jun 19 2015: Congratulations to Siva Singi Reddy for obtaining the CIBCB 2015 travel award!... the best wishes in your presentation!
I normally have opening positions for undergraduate, Master’s and PhD students. Partial financial support is currently available for outstanding PhD students only. Prospective students at all levels are encouraged to contact me about the current research projects in protein-protein interaction and dynamics, transcriptomics, microRNA and integrative genome-wide analysis, along with their applications to breast and prostate cancer biomarkers. I also have one or two openings in data security. More information can be found in the Prospective Students page.
- Collaborative & Interdisciplinary Research Award. Faculty of Science, University of Windsor, 2016.
- Runner up for Best Paper Award – Travel Award. Paper presented at CIBCB 2015. S. Singireddy, A. Alkhateeb, I. Rezaeian, D. Cavallo-Medved, L. Porter, L. Rueda, “Identifying Differentially Expressed Transcripts Associated with Prostate Cancer Progression using RNA-Seq and Machine Learning Techniques”, Niagara Falls, Canada, 2015.
- Certificate of Appreciation. In recognition for contributions toward the development of the Master’s of Applied Computing Program. Faculty of Science, University of Windsor, 2015.
- Faculty Performance Award. In recognition of outstanding overall performance in research, teaching and service. Faculty of Science, University of Windsor, 2010.
- RECOMB 2017: The 21st Annual International Conference on Research in Computational Molecular Biology, May 3-7, Hong Kong.
- ISMB 2017: The 23rd Annual International Conference on Intelligent Systems for Molecular Biology, July 21-25, Prague, Czech Republic.
- BIBM 2017: The 2017 IEEE International Conference on Bioinformatics & Biomedicine, November 13-16, Kansas City, MO, USA.
- ACM-BCB 2017: The 8th ACM Conference on Bioinformatics, Computational Biology and Biomedicine, August 20-23, Boston, MA, USA.
- CIBCB 2017: The 2017 IEEE International Conference on Computational Intelligence in Bioinformatics and Computational Biology, August 23-25, Manchester, UK.
- GLBIO 2017: The Great Lakes Bioinformatics Conference 2016, May 15-17, Chicago, IL, USA.
- IAPR Sponsered Conferences.
- ISCB Sponsored Conferences.
Contact InformationSchool of Computer Science, University of Windsor
401 Sunset Ave., Windsor, ON, N9B 3P4, Canada
Phone : +1 519-253-3000 x 3002
Main Portal: http://luisrueda.cs.uwindsor.ca
PPI Server: http://sanjuan.cs.uwindsor.ca/ppipaw